An exclusive opportunity to join a high performing legal team
6 month contract role, possible extension
About Our Client
My client is an unlisted public company that is wholly owned by the ACT Government who manage over $2b of public assets. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, this role forms part of a small legal team which is responsible for providing complex legal advice on a wide range of legal issues across the company.
The company upholds a strong position in the market and thrives on a collaborative, dynamic and forward thinking approach. With access to intricate and unique legal advisory elements, this role will suit someone who is pragmatic, detail orientated, ability to understand legislation and provide comprehensive legal advice to form crucial business decisions.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop, maintain and manage professional relationships with the managers and their staff in order to act as a reference point within the business for legal advice.
- Provide a broad range of pro-active, high quality and timely legal services to the whole organisation.
- Provide formal and informal legal training to staff at all levels across the company, preparing training content that is practical and relevant.
- Prepare and review complex legal documents and correspondence.
- Provide advice to the company's business units to address and resolve complex issues including representing the company in commercial negotiations and other discussions.
- Develop and modify organisation wide policies and procedures as required based on legislative changes or legal precedents.
The Successful Applicant
- Attention to detail. Examines issues thoroughly, using information gained to identify details important to the matter at hand, monitoring work to ensure accuracy.
- Flexibility. Is adaptive and accepting of new ideas, willing to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet new priorities.
- Service orientation. Displays a commitment to delivering quality client service, values the provision of accurate and timely information and relates to people from across the organisation.
- Interpersonal skills Assesses the priorities, expectations and behaviour of others in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers and superiors from across the organisation and externally.
- Writing skills. Uses clear, concise language in all written products, and includes content appropriate for the purpose and audience.
- Tertiary qualifications in law from a common law jurisdiction.
- Currently hold, or be eligible to hold, a practising certificate in the ACT.
- Legal experience in a commercial/corporate environment in either a reputable law firm or in-house.
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations and designing and delivering services to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Experience preparing and presenting information on legal and business issues.
- Experience in legal and commercial negotiations.
What's on Offer
This role not only includes a very competitive remuneration package but the chance to join a highly regarded and well respected company with a brilliant reputation in the market. My client is looking to offer the successful candidate the chance to work alongside high performing solicitors, have exposure to challenging matters and to be apart of a supportive and inclusive work culture.
If this position sounds interesting and you are looking to make the next move, please apply directly below. Furthermore, if you may know of someone who may be greatly suited then please contact Jackie Jones directly on 6222 8942, 0420 353 352 or email for a further discussion.