Legal Officer / Senior Legal Officer
Fantastic opportunity with a large Federal Government Agency
APS6 / EL1 - Long term contract
About Our Client
The agency is seeking committed and experienced legal officers to work in either Legal Services or Compliance Branch. Under the supervisor of the agency's senior lawyers, you will provide legal services and advice, in accordance with government legislative requirements.
As Legal Officer Key duties may including providing advice on legislative compliance, operational and/or corporate matters. As Legal Officer in the agency's Compliance Branch, you will have particular responsibility for the provision of legal compliance advice to support the duties of that team.
The Successful Applicant
* Under the supervision of the agency's General Counsel and Director Legal Services and/or Director Litigation, deliver the activities of the Legal Services Branch, including:
- Assisting with the agency involvement with the judicial system;
- Advising on legal and policy matters;
- Advising on legal aspects of operational matters;
- Advising on the drafting and preparation of Ministerial Submissions and proposed Authorisations.
- Providing legal support to the Compliance team including by providing legal advice and assisting with the development of compliance policy;
- Providing legal services and advice on corporate matters, including contracts and staffing issues; and
- Support training for the agency staff regarding relevant legal issues.
* Maintain an effective working relationship with external lawyers.
* Communicate effectively with senior management and other relevant sections within the Service on legal matters.
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level with an experienced and cohesive team.
* Experienced team
* Excellent salary package
* Great location
How to contact us
If you are currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set; however, you would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.