Legal Policy Officer / Senior Legal Policy Officer
Contact Jean Carlo Ramirez at [email protected]
APS6 / EL1 / EL2 - 12 month contract
About Our Client
The agency is seeking committed and experienced legal policy officers to work in their Legal branch, under the supervisor of agency's General Counsel you will provide legal services and advice, in accordance with government legislative requirements.
Provide support and advice to the Legal Section and the commissioner on a broad range of operational and administrative matters including developing policy submissions and working with other Commonwealth agencies to achieve law reform, maintaining current statutory authorisations and delegations and assisting with the preparation for coercive hearings.
- Prepare Freedom of Information responses for decision-makers.
- Assist with legislation compliance tasks including reporting to Government on the use of particular investigative powers.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and related guidance.
The Successful Applicant
- Provide support and advice to the agency Legal Section on a broad range of operational and administrative matters related.
- Maintain agency's legislative program, draft policy proposals and work with other Commonwealth agencies to achieve positive law reform outcomes for agency.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and related guidance, including developing and delivering training;
- Support counsel in preparation for public or private hearings or inquiries before the Integrity Commissioner as necessary;
- Maintain current statutory authorisations and delegations and prepare Freedom of Information responses for decision-makers;
- Represent the interests of agency and help manage agency's relationships with relevant stakeholders including other Australian Government agencies and Territory representatives as well as the private sector as necessary
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level with an experienced and cohesive team.
- Experienced team
- Excellent salary package
- Great location
How to contact us
If you are currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set; however, you would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.