Global Household Manufacturer
SE Melbourne Location
About Our Client
My client is a global manufacturer of household appliances. They supply to some of the biggest brand names in the market and are looking for an experienced Logistics Manager
The key tasks and responsibilities of this position are:
- Hold full accountability for the Logistics Department AU
- Responsible for the outputs and development of all direct reports.
- Recruit and retain the best talent in key positions to ensure best practice performance
- Contract management of 3PL in AU to ensure service levels are industry benchmark and provide competitive advantage in line with KPI's
- Tender and negotiate logistics and distribution services in line with company Compliance Standards
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and reconciliation between SAP, physical stock and the 3PL Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Responsible for the flow of Trade Seconds goods between 3PL sites and repair agents, ensuring inventory accuracy is maintained.
Responsible for ensuring that returns are processed within guidelines, approval checks and KPI time frame.
- Develop and implement ideas to streamline Logistics functions while increasing service levels and managing costs.
Follow all Occupational Health & safety policies and procedures and participate in training as required
The Successful Applicant
Minimum skills and capabilities:
- Full understanding of industry best practice in Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution in AU combined with relevant practical experience.
- Proven ability to manage suppliers via contract and relationship.
- Proven ability to develop and drive relevant KPI's for 3PL operations.
- Ability to manage a variety of logistics related tasks simultaneously, whilst understanding the impact of each process on the next.
- Ability to prepare and deliver detailed presentations to a group of peers, and provide training on systems and processes.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
- SAP MM skills
- MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
What's on Offer
The chance to work for a global leader in its field, with generous starting salary.