Maintenance and Engineering Manager
Industry leading food and animal nutrition business
Take ownership of the site engineering and maintenance department
About Our Client
Our client is a leading food products and stock-feed manufacturer with a reputation for innovation and sustainable production. With a strong focus on providing high value products and ensuring they reduce their environmental impact, this business has built a reputation spanning several decades for delivering across both domestic and export markets. They are currently looking for an Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
You will play a leading role in the strategy and day to day activities across engineering and maintenance processes to ensure maximum production time and continuous improvement of the manufacturing facilities. You will display effective leadership qualities with the ability to drive improvement initiatives across areas including workplace health and safety, plant up-time and operational efficiency.
Reporting to the GM of Operations the responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate maintenance related projects and assignments;
- Analyse expenditure reports and provide corrective options in any project area if required;
- Ensure plans and specifications to relevant standards are produced in a timely manner;
- Implement, maintain and develop efficient work systems to maximise productivity;
- Manage a team of fitters and maintenance staff;
- Ensure compliance of safety Health and environment legislation;
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders across the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for an outstanding professional who wants to own and be fully responsible for the Engineering and maintenance of the manufacturing site.
Key requirements include -
- Professional Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification preferred or a trade qualification
- 10 years experience in a similar people leadership role within the food manufacturing industry
- Dedicated approach and knowledge of CI
- Exposure to large projects, particularly related to manufacturing
- Up to date information technology skills especially using a computer maintenance system
- Ability to work strategically to identify future potential improvements.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to results and ongoing innovation will be rewarded with a suitable remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities alongside having a direct impact on the overall business success. This opportunity is based in a family friendly location offering a great lifestyle and access to all required amenities.