Global FMCG organisation
Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Chemical manufacturer based in the Western suburbs of Melbourne. They are globally recognised business have had a well established presence on the current consumer market for well over 60 years. Due to significant Capital expenditure and expansion within their production team, they are currently looking to strengthen their Engineering team by recruiting a Maintenance Engineer.
As the Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for all day to day plant Maintenance activities such as:
- The day to day management of maintenance planning and scheduling, looking after a team of 8 with additional contractors.
- Carrying out of reactive and planned preventative maintenance on existing production lines as efficiently and effectively as possible. Ability to be hands on in this role will also be essential.
- Drive operational excellence and improve equipment operational availability.
- Data cleansing and management of the CMMS system.
- Strong and dedicated focus on driving Continuous improvement both operationally and culturally across the manufacturing environment.
- Good project management experience.
- Generate monthly reporting on KPI's and work undertaken.
- Main focus is to drive the maintenance from reactive based to more preventative scheduling.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Relevant qualification ideally in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the FMCG industry
- Heavy focus background on maintenance and projects
- A proven track record within a maintenance department within a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of health and safety aspects within a manufacturing environment
- Sound human relations skills to supervise and motivate maintenance personnel. Proven analytical skills. Good communication skills. CI focus.
- Excellent organisational, planning & time management skills.
- Logical/ structured approach to problem solving.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary package is on offer to the successful candidate along with great potential for career growth. This really is an opportunity to join a growing, well established manufacturing organisation that is known for offering promotion within an organically grown organisation.