Long term prospects
About Our Client
A national FMCG manufacturer of residential and commercial building materials.
- Repairing and maintaining mobile crushing and earth moving equipment.
- Identify defects and provide feedback on asset performance and reliability
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Set up and adjust metalworking machines and equipment
- Maintaining and maximising the running time of varying pieces of fixed machinery of varying ages
- Operate machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planing, shaping, slotting, grinding or drilling metal stock or components
- Fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Dismantle faulty tools and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment
The Successful Applicant
- A commitment and willingness to work safely at all times and to comply with all Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience maintaining heavy earth moving machinery.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Hard working and reliable
- Transport to and from work
- Current driver's license is essential
- Ability to work overtime when required
ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Safe and responsible
- Sound team leadership, situational awareness.
- Solid verbal and written communication
- Organized, diligent
Adept interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and great working opportunity is available to the successful applicant.