Karratha based position
Strategic leadership role
About Our Client
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with close to 13,000 employees and sales to about 160 countries.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this Karratha based role will have full responsibility for the maintenance of assets in the ammonia, nitric acid and ammonium nitrate plants and associated offsite/utilities. Specifically, you will:
- Participate in Site Leadership team discussions on any policy and operational matters, as well related to health, environment, safety and quality (HESQ).
- Lead and develop the maintenance department, consisting of; Technicians, Maintenance Coordinators, Planners, Apprentices and Engineers.
- Achieve maintenance and financial objectives in compliance with Yara safety and quality standards.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution, follow-up and implementation of all maintenance activities regarding responsible trades/disciplines and assigned project activities and turnarounds/stops in line with project handbook and stop best practices.
- Manage all maintenance activities in line with the company goals, resulting in maximal contribution to the realisation of safe and efficient production.
- Closely work together with the Turnaround and Projects team and contribute to both projects and turnarounds.
- Be responsible together with procurement, for maintenance related contracts in line with the procurement directive.
- Manage the maintenance budget.
- Facilitate a continuous improvement atmosphere.
- Review and develop maintenance processes and lead change processes.
- Be part of the on call team as site responsible on behalf of the management team.
The Successful Applicant
Degree qualified in Engineering, you will be a highly experienced Maintenance Manager with a background in the Chemical/Petrochemical industry. Additionally, you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in implementing continuous improvement programs such as LEAN
- The ability to lead planned and strategic maintenance activity
- A strong safety background with exposure to hazardous chemicals, major hazard facilities, pressure vessels & systems and high speed rotating equipment among others
- Leadership experience which demonstrates results in performance, reliability and communication improvement as well as improved stakeholder relationships
- Candidates with exposure to the chemical/petrochemical industry, preferably in an Ammonia or Methanol Plant or Fertilizer/Technical Ammonia Nitrate production environment. will be looked upon favourably.
What's on Offer
In addition to a competitive salary, housing and relocation is offered for this critical leadership position based in Karratha. This role will allow you to develop your career further in a challenging and rewarding environment including the opportunity to work on a new plant. Positions in many of the company's global locations will also be on offer for candidates who demonstrate strong performance.