Maintenance Quality Control Manager
Key leadership role
Report directly to National Fleet Manager
About Our Client
Bus Queensland was Established in 1972 by four brothers with just four busses and now is one of the largest privately owned bus companies in Australia operating a modern fleet of 414 busses in Queensland and Victoria. For over 40 years they have provided school and urban transport services for greater South-East Queensland area.
At Bus Queensland they pride themselves on being part of the local community and are committed to making your journey on our busses safe and comfortable. They are one hundred per cent Queensland owned and have been conducting transport business in Victoria and Queensland for more than 40 years and now employ 700 staff across the four depots.
With depots in Queensland they service the Ipswich, the Lockyer Valley, Park Ridge and Toowoomba areas and the group operates two Victorian bus companies, Cranbourne Transit and the Mansfield-Mt Buller Bus Lines.
The primary functions of the Maintenance Quality Control Manager are:
- Provision of leadership to workshop managers including the mentoring, instruction and provision of tools and resources to achieve necessary objectives.
- Manage compliance with Work Health & Safety Policies and Safe Work Procedures
- Inspect works undertaken by staff to determine compliance with the appropriate standard
- Delivery of training to new and existing staff on maintenance systems, process and safe work procedures
- Assist the National Fleet Manager in the roll-out of service packages
- Assist the National Fleet Manager in the development of technical documents
- Inspections of maintenance records to ensure compliance and accuracy of documentation
- Be available to assist and advise with after-hours enquiries, breakdowns, on-road issues
- Ensure repairs maintenance and preventative maintenance are conducted in accordance with the Manufacture's specifications, National Heavy Vehicle Inspection Manual and any applicable legislation or vehicle standards
The Successful Applicant
What the successful candidate should possess:
- Certificate IV in engineering (mechanical) or similar qualification
- Demonstrated industry experience in a similar role
- Proven application of Health & Safety regulations
- Previous experience in the management and mentoring of staff
- Knowledge of the Department of Transport maintenance legislation including inspections and compliance audits
- Experience and knowledge of inventory control processes
- Ideally you will have ERP experience
- Ability to take instruction and implement actions to achieve necessary results
- Capabilities across team building and mentoring
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be provided a rare opportunity to join an organisation in a key position of leadership. Reporting to the National Fleet Manager you will be given the autonomy to deliver on your objectives and grow your team through leadership, mentorship and safe work practices.
If you are currently in a similar role and are looking for a change into a genuinely exciting role where no two days are the same, then this may be the opportunity for you. Bus Queensland offers a supportive team environment delivering a diverse range of projects that will keep you engaged every day.