Management Accountant - ASX Listed Manufacturing
Great Company Culture
Directly Support Operations
About Our Client
Our client is a globally recognised ASX listed manufacturer with a reputation for providing excellent careers in a fun and collaborative environment. This role sits within one of the groups largest business units that has experienced significant growth over the last 12 months. A recent promotion has led to the exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join the team.
Reporting to a Senior Commercial Analyst this role will involve supporting the operations of two of the groups production facilities. You will work both at the head office and the sites that you support. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Oversees the preparation of the annual budget based on volume budgets, production and developmental plans.
- Is involved in and discusses the monthly preparation of the accounts and the presentation of Operating Statements within Corporate guidelines and timetables.
- Reports on economic justification of Capital Investment proposals and audit performance against accepted proposals.
- Provides an adequate level of management information to allow for improved decision making within the operation.
- Directly responsible for cost evaluation.
- Ensure adequate procedures and controls are maintained for pricing and provision of rebates.
- Responsible for the development and improvement of procedures and systems of management control throughout the operation.
- Evaluate and introduce new computer applications to improve management information and decision making.
- Responsible for the proper financial evaluation of all major projects, new products, cost reductions.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of agreed cost reduction projects.
- Maintain a close oversight of Plant performance indicators, particularly labour efficiency, and material waste.
- Institute regular review of obsolete/slow moving stocks and ensure that appropriate follow-up is effected.
- Monitor all aspects of inventory control and working capital as well as overall investment in fixed assets.
- Keeps abreast of all activities in the purchasing budget environment, eg stocks levels, costs, suppliers performance.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you will be a curious finance professional who enjoys identifying how things can be done more efficiently. You will be hungry to learn and develop new skills as well as displaying the following;
- Manufacturing accounting experience
- Ability to research, compile, analyse and interpret data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, ability to multi-task, team player
- Advanced Excel skills/Financial Modelling experience
- Exposure to an ERP system
What's on Offer
Your commitment in delivering the best outcomes for the business will be rewarded with a lucrative package. You will be working within a global multinational business that will offer excellent career opportunities moving forward.