About Our Client
Our client is a market leader and multi award winning Transport company, based within the Melbourne CBD, allowing for innovative learning and development, as well as clear career progression lines. This large organisation set high standards within and in doing so have outstanding results across the team. Having the ability to communicate with others and work in a team are essential qualities to succeed within the organisation as well as a ensuring a strong focus on development and continuous learnings. Being a large scale company there are many staff benefits including generous leave entitlements as well as scope to move within the business and a strong focus on work life balance.
Reporting to the FP&A Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Budgeting and forecasting including analysing and reporting variance against budget and forecasts and assisting the Finance Manager to co-ordinate and prepare the Annual Budget & forecasts. This includes annual FBT, monthly BAS and assisting with the labour processing management.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring clear and concise communication of all business plans to ensure all deliverables are met within specific timeframes.
- Ensure the strategic and timely completion of all reports, in doing so process accruals and finalise month end and year end accounts.
- Liaise directly with external auditors and ensure all queries are responded to and actioned in a timely manner when necessary.
- Ensure the integrity of the P&L by ensuring all results are accurate and reliable.
- Ad-hoc projects and further business analysis.
The Successful Applicant
This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic up and coming first time mover from a top accounting firm looking to move into industry. Exposure to ASX or Transport companies will be beneficial, with the ability to work in a team and show a willingness to challenge those around you in order to grow together. Communication skills are paramount, CA or CPA qualification and a familiarity with accounting systems as well as a strong excel skill set are preferred.
What's on Offer
The ability to add value and display a strong work ethic, will allow you to thrive in a diverse working environment. In doing so you will be rewarded with clear career progression as well as continuous learning and development. Proving your ability within the role will allow for autonomous working hours as well as the ability to move within the organisation.