Career Progression Oportunities
Join an Industry Leader
About Our Client
Our client is an easily recognisable brand within the transport and logistics sector looking to add another strong Accountant to their finance team. This exciting opportunity has been created due to an internal promotion from the team. This role is both a hands on accounting position and an opportunity to partner closely with both the commercial and operational teams, assisting with ad hoc reporting and projects and providing insights across the business. Within the business there is a strong team culture which has created a supportive and dynamic environment. This role will allow the successful candidate to establish themselves within accounting and finance building a long term career. This role is well suited to a candidate looking to make a move out of an Audit or Business Services role and into industry
As the Management Accountant your roles will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with the budgets and forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly timescale.
- Managing the monthly and weekly Management reports such as PnL and Balance Sheets.
- Understanding and driving the strategic goals as outlined by senior members of the team through analysis and reporting.
- Provision of variance analysis and commentaries to support monthly board packs.
- Assisting with ad-hoc reporting as required by the management team.
- Commercial Managers and Commercial Analysts on projects and ad hoc analysis through commercial and financial advice.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualified with CPA or CA
- Experience working as a management accountant/ business partner
- Strong excel skills are integral to the role
- Experience working with SAP and business intelligence tools is key.
- The ability to take initiative and work autonomously will be a key to success in this role
- Outstanding communication skills are required in this position
What's on Offer
In return for a hard working candidate with a diligent and analytical skillset this role offers a chance to build a career within an outstanding business located in Melbourne's North West. In conjunction to this there is a competitive remuneration scheme in place and career support. This role offers candidates a strong step within a growing industry allowing them to define their career in finance.