Outcome driven business. Opportunity to work from home and in the office
Work closely with operations to deliver value to current & future projects
About Our Client
Our client have a clear vision of being the most trusted delivery partner within their field of specialisation, not by being the biggest provider in town, but through providing the most comprehensive and collaborative service possible. Through the use of technology and specialist in-house capability, our client is a market leader in the mining services industry, servicing a range of high profile mining companies.
Reporting directly into the General Manager, this position will play a vital role in the relationship between Finance & Operations in Perth, as well as the relationship between Finance and head office based over East. The key responsibilities will include:
- Budgeting including P&L, Balance sheet & Cash flow
- Project cost tracking and fixed asset management
- Provide insightful analysis and reporting on the budget vs actuals, profitability of projects and cash flow analysis to assist senior management in making strategic decisions
- Payroll costing analysis
- System analysis and data manipulation within excel and Pronto
- Revenue reconciliations and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Work closely with operations to understand how Finance can help add value to operations and projects
- Manage and improve existing financial models
- As required assist with the audit and preparation of statutory accounts (this is managed by head office but this person may be called to assist at busy periods)
The Successful Applicant
This role is well suited to an experienced Management Accountant who enjoys working with operational stakeholders and learning about the business. This role will require somebody who isn't afraid to get out of the office and into the workshop, to learn about the operations of the business and build relationships with those on the front-line. Strong excel capabilities are a must and any experience with Pronto will be highly beneficial, although not essential. Having an interest in process improvement is also essential.
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to join a business on the cusp of exploding in size
- Highly flexible working from home arrangements
- Work with a passionate management team with an average tenure of 8 - 10 years
- Have ownership over the Management Accountant role and the freedom to implement changes and improvements
- A strong potential to move to a permanent position for the right candidate
- Actually make a difference in a business!