- Finance leadership opportunity with a Local Council
- Regionally based in the Gippsland area
About Our Client
My client is an established local council that are based in the Gippsland area.
- Complete the monthly and quarterly financial reports for Council, including analysis of major variances for both operating and capital income and expenditure.
- Co-ordinate the detailed preparation of the budget including the salary worksheet, fees and charges and internal charges.
- Complete the draft budget document.
- System administrator responsibilities for the finance system for users and associated security profiles.
- Maintain cost codes and financial structures in the general ledger under the direction of the CFO.
- Maintain the data integrity of the asset register for all purchases, sales and transfer of assets, monthly depreciation charges, works in progress and reconciliation with the capital program.
- Co-ordinate the revaluation of assets in line with accounting standards for audit purposes, including infrastructure assets.
- Maintain the budgeting and forecasting system.
- Analysis of operating grants and completion of grants note for the annual report.
- Assist with technical issues at end of financial year.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and action any agreed recommendations.
- Effectively guide, support, co-ordinate and supervise the team's employees in a manner that ensures the unit's objectives are achieved
The Successful Applicant
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in a management accounting role undertaking tasks such as planning/facilitating the annual budget, budget review, forecasting processes and producing monthly management financial reports including variance/financial analysis.
- Proven expertise and judgement to analyse key accounting policies and processes.
- Proficiency in computer accounting software.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and drive together with personal flexibility and a focus on improvement.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to create strong working relationships within the organisation.
What's on Offer
The client is offering a competitive salary for this role as well as flexible working.