Food manufacturer - strong pipeline of work
Privately owned Australian FMCG business
About Our Client
Our client is proud Australian owned FMCG manufacturing organization who specialize in the processing and delivery of high quality produce to all major retailers and food service. With innovation always at the core of their business model, they have been continually delivering new and exciting freshly made products to the local Australian supermarket shelves.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead all production and operations staff on a day to day basis, in a confident and positive manner, by ensuring staff are clear on their duties and department targets
- Ensure efficient, safe, sanitary processing and packaging of consumer foods products in the quantities required
- Budgeting process to include direct/indirect manning, expense budgets and capital budgets as well as measuring and controlling variances against set budgets.
- Planning and overseeing the execution of various Continuous Improvement projects targeted towards improving performance on safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- Focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, waste elimination, customer satisfaction, zero accidents, defect free products
- Actively participate in strategic planning the companies global manufacturing strategy to maximise service to customers and reduction of consolidated cost of goods sold.
- Continuously improve safety
- Ensure products are manufactured according to specifications, quality standards and delivered on-time. Provide direction, leadership and drive culture to managers and supervisors. (BRC, SQF, FSSC)
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this role:
- 10 years experience in Managing a 24/7 production facility
- Senior management experience delivering operational excellence utilising Lean Six Sigma tools, techniques and methodologies with a track record of delivering measurable improvement
- Good understanding of what it takes to drive a team to be results driven
- Strong knowledge of how to deliver CI projects aimed at driving business performance
- Experience utilising SAP or other related ERP systems
What's on Offer
An excellent salary package is on offer to the successful candidate. The opportunity also exists for this person to be involved in taking this company to the next level in operational excellence with great career development potential.