Manufacturing Shift Supervisor (PM)
Exciting opportunity to join a growing business
Fantastic opportunity to lead a manufacturing team
About Our Client
For more than 50 years, this family owned Australian business has had an established presence here in the domestic market. Consistently bringing new and innovative quality products to the market, they have become a respected and recognised brand on the local shelves and broader worldwide scale.
- To supervise the production lines with a focused team of people who need to be trained and coached to a standard where they can meet the Company business plan of achieving a financial return on investment by maximising the efficiency and performance of the plant
- Lead a team of people, empowering them to be self motivated, develop and drive Key performance targets, provide feedback on a regular basis to the duty Shift Production Manager and communicate to the work force the team and company objectives.
- Reporting into Manufacturing Manager be totally committed to driving the plant and its people towards World class Manufacturing, reducing cost per case by working to reduce machine breakdown and changeover times. Specific focus around Continuous Improvement and implementing lean manufacturing practises culturally and operationally
- Work with R&D, QA and Engineering to develop and improve existing all methods and processes and always drive for better practise to improve efficiency and productivity.
- To be part of a professional, empowered team committed to providing the customer with the highest quality product with a right first time approach.
- To ensure that all company and departmental regulations and guidelines are rigorously adhered to at all times by all team members, e.g. health and safety, hygiene, evacuation procedure, dress code, plus all other relevant company policies.
- To have accountability for the people and plant on shift to include production and engineering
- To develop all team members towards improvements within the shop floor learning programmes and develop all operators to their full potential
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this role you must possess the following skills:
- Tertiary qualification in Science/Engineering/Pharmacy
- Demonstrated leadership in the FMCG manufacturing environment
- Understanding of GMP and OH&S standards and procedures
- Sound understanding of appropriate quality standards
- Exposure with troubleshooting automated equipment
- Intermediate IT skills including MSExcel and SAP
What's on Offer
A very attractive salary will be on offer to the successful candidate alongside the opportunity to grow and progress your career within the business.