Marketing and Comms Officer
Exciting new opportunity for an experienced marketing and comms officer
You must be immediately available and able to commit to a minimum of 6 months
About Our Client
This position is located within the Advocacy and Communications Directorate, reporting directly into the Corporate Comms Manager. You will be required to provide expert marketing and communications support and advice to internal departments and facility operators. The provision of strategic advice and operational marketing and communications support internally assists in ensuring clear and consistent messaging and communication material, linked to the councils corporate objectives.
Working in a fast-paced and busy team this is the perfect chance to work on several high profile campaigns and projects. With the ability to provide marketing and communications advice and direction to management and designated business areas you must also have proven experience within the public sector, ideally within a similar role. You will be responsible to coordinate online and offline communications to achieve key objectives and to enable smooth collaborations with internal and external parties.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Build strong relationships with key managers and departments across the organisation
- Assist in creating strategic engagement processes for internal and external communications
- Work with the wider team to ensure campaign tracking and reporting is set up and optimised
- Manage external agencies, briefing and utilising your expertise within the marketing and corporate communications team
- Write creative and direct content which will be published to internal and external parties
- Provide advice on stakeholder communication and engagement to ensure regular and relevant information reaches people in a timely manner
- Coordinating and prioritising a substantial workload of marketing and communications for the Communications Team working across key projects simultaneously, and provide excellent customer service and support to internal departments
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role you must be a focused, driven and a passionate professional with excellent communication skills as you will from time to time be required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders. You must also be an excellent writer and have been responsible for writing content in previous roles.
For your hard work and commitment to the role you will be rewarded with the opportunity and exposure within a strong and experienced team whilst working on several community focused campaigns.
Key requirements of the role are as follows:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to interact positively with people at all levels including colleagues, staff, Managers, Councillors, Directors, and contractors/suppliers
- Ability to gain cooperation from staff
- Ability to discuss and resolve problems - internally and externally
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity
- Facilitate discussions with counterparts from other organisations to strengthen communication practices and to identify opportunities for collaboration, professional development and knowledge sharing across the local government sector
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will gain the opportunity to work in modern and vibrant offices, within an attractive environment and family orientated community. This organisation is committed to supporting diversity which is something they are very passionate about.
This is a temporary role with an immediate start, you must be able to start 17th September 2018.