Marketing Director - Retail
Exciting opportunity to work with an international beauty company
Lead the marketing team and maximize performance for all touchpoints
About Our Client
An award wining global skincare brand with iconic and premium products.
- Working with the marketing team, create and implement a campaign marketing plan to take advantage of the international new products development program and international merchandising plan.
- Establish window campaign targets and staff incentives as necessary. Follow-up effectives closely reacting as necessary.
- Devise and implement a promotional plan, adapting the global suggestions to reflect Australia's cultural specificities and calendar. Share projects regionally (APAC) for best practices implementation. Be proactive to revise initiatives as necessary.
- Evaluate the need for advertising and awareness building activities, plan and implement campaigns as necessary.
- Establish local pricing & offer strategy, taking into account Australia's competitors positioning.
- Direct the development of local POS collateral as necessary to support marketing campaigns.
- Devise and maintain a system of metrics to measure effectiveness of campaign plans relative to agreed KPIs, corporate benchmarking.
- Identify & assess category/range performance versus local market and make recommendations for product line development or deletion to the corporate Product Marketing group.
- Assess and oversee the procurement and timely distribution of VM materials for given campaign plans that establish a clear brand proposition.
- Ensure the implementation of a comprehensive campaign communication pack (MMP) for Boutique Managers concerning upcoming windows.
- Revise merchandising plans and strategy alongside General Manager to adapt international guidance to Australia shopping habits and ranges offered.
- Guide the public relations effort for the brand in Australia, relative to campaign plans, key press targets, corporate initiatives and resources.
- Lead a team
- Identify and manage the direct marketing activities.
- Integrate initiatives that build strong relationships through all retail channels: stores, on-line and mail order.
- Oversee the customer service function of eCommerce & Mail Order business to ensure a positive brand experience for customers in these channels.
- Direct an ambitious program of customer data acquisition and the exploitation with e-CRM
- Exploit retail data base and develop a performing and cost effective customer relationship program.
- Pricing: together with the General Manager, review pricing yearly and suggest changes based on competitors' analysis, brand awareness and Regional constraints
The Successful Applicant
- Over 3 years of experience as a Marketing Director in multi-channel retail in the beauty and luxury goods industry
- Proven track record in building brands across all previously named sales channels and in managing exponential growth
- Experience from working within a country subsidiary of a globally managed business
- Leadership experience, motivating a high performing team
- Commercial and analytical skills
What's on Offer
- Great brand reputation
- Great culture and supportive team
- Award winning company