Excellent scope to shape the marketing department
Join a growing, successful business
About Our Client
My client has been in the distributing and supplying hardware for over 40 years, with headquarters in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. They mainly operate in the B2B market, and are expanding their product offering further into the B2C environment as well. They believe in being honest, transparent, and accountable for all actions, and have a strong belief that encouragement and recognition of effort is critical to their success.
Reporting into the General Manager, the role requires the incumbent to:
- Plan and develop the advertising and promotional activities including print & electronic
- Plan, oversee and manage the introduction of new product ranges to market.
- Effectively communicate internally including new products, range changes and price updates
- Develop & execute marketing plans and campaigns both short and long term to ensure growth of brand awareness and uptake of products and services in both the wholesale and consumer markets
- Assist in the organisation of trade show events
- Assist in the planning and organisation of the bi-annual AWISA trade show from design and budget stage right through to hand over at show
- Ensure the customer base is kept informed regularly of product offering, promotions and new services
- Manage, upkeep and continual development and improvement of the website/e-commerce
- Implement an effective Social Media Strategy, ensuring social media presence is constantly growing
- Develop media strategy to increase brand awareness
- Implement digital strategy and work with external stakeholders when necessary to implement effective communication plans and content strategies
- In conjunction with Product Manager, identify product areas to improve sales and liaise with suppliers to formulate appropriate promotions
- Manage in house Graphic Designers to design and produce all marketing collateral
- Develop and implement sponsorship/industry support opportunities. E.g. sponsoring of end consumer magazine campaigns
- Monitor ROI and performance of campaigns and promotions, new range releases and any new marketing
- Manage, drive and inspire team to grow and further develop their skills and performance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have prior managerial experience of a marketing department.
Key requirements for the role are as follows:
- Minimum 8 years' marketing experience
- Minimum 3 years' management experience in a marketing role
- Exceptional stakeholder management and internal communications skills
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Willingness to work hard and be a self-starter
- Tech savvy and passionate about the role
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
What's on Offer
This role offers the successful incumbent the opportunity to work in a relaxed environment, while being challenged and pushed each day. With the marketing function growing by three times in the last two years, there is scope for the role to grow, and the team to grow with it.
It is a great opportunity for someone looking to take on a project with a great level of passion and enthusiasm, and have a significant impact on the growth of the business.