Mechanical Design Engineer
Cutting edge industry, products, and projects
Immediately available opportunity
About Our Client
Our client designs, develops and manufactures highly specialised equipment for a broad number of sectors including medical devices & research. With a heavy focus on innovation, they are consistently looking to deliver cutting edge ideas and technologies to the local and international market.
Due to the increase in international demand, the need has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their busy manufacturing department.
- Design specifically detailed engineering designs and documentation
- Derive and maintain approved mechanical architecture across multiple projects and ensuring appropriate implementation
- Accurately and appropriately document all investigations, design calculations, and test results, to enable design traceability, review and approval
- Testing to ensure performance of parts and assemblies
- Apply and continually improve relevant sections of the Quality Management System
- Provide regular reports to Project Managers relating to task progress, issues encountered, solutions proposed, and required clarifications of time or scope expectations
- Provide guidance and mentoring support to other engineers within the department
- Maintain familiarity with and be able to apply current technology, design standards and industry best practices
- Interface with and evaluate suppliers
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in design and development of medical, scientific, and/or consumer products
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree or experience
- Experience introducing products to manufacture
- Development, execution and report generation for mechanical and environmental tests
- ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485 quality systems experience.
- SolidWorks modelling and detailed technical drawing generation
- Supplier management with excellent communication
- Attention to detail in conducting and completing work
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Time-efficient, self-starter
- Works well with others
What's on Offer
A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate along with the opportunity to join a strong team in an industry leading company.