- Work as a key member of the Project Design Team
- Work across full project lifecycle
About Our Client
Milmeq's core purpose is to enable clients to have high quality automated solutions for their global customers with their vision of being recognized as the global leader in chilling and freezing system whilst delivering sustainable innovation and value to their partners. The Milmeq chilling and freezing business was purchased by MHM Automation in March 2019.
MHM Automation is an international leader in turn-key automated solutions to the dairy, meat, food & beverage and packaging industries. MHM specializes in materials handling, reverse packaging and large scale chilling and freezing solutions with installations across Australia, NZ, Europe, and North America. MHM product brands include H&C, Milmeq, AiCo and BetaVac.
MHM Manages the design, manufacture, installation, commission and after sales support with staff located in 5 locations: Hastings, Christchurch, Auckland, Brisbane and Green Bay USA.
Mechanical Design and Engineering
- Undertake engineering calculations for assigned design aspects and provide guidance on requirements to the design team
- Develop 3D model designs for assigned work packages taking into consideration the various stakeholder needs including those of the client, project engineering and manufacturing
- Prepare detailed manufacturing drawings, arrangement drawings, part drawings and bill of materials on work packages
- Operate to required Milmeq product standards, within time constraints imposed by the Project schedule and as required by quality assurance policies
- Ensure the design is fit for purpose and aligns with the project GA drawing, product specification as sold and basis of design
- Provide design input into the preparation of quotations and tender documents
- Participate in the completion of HAZOPS and MRA's providing detailed technical input
- Utilise standardised designs as far as is reasonably possible
Project Team Design Contribution
- Participate in project related design reviews throughout the project lifecycles and incorporate feedback as required
- Contribute to the implementation of improvements to the mechanical design and engineering process aligned with the project team
- Review and approve drawings undertaken by others in accordance with company process
- Check own drawings prior to issue for compliance, completeness and accuracy
- Attend all relevant project meetings
- Visit sites as needed during installation/commissioning/operation to further understanding of product requirements and incorporate this back into the design
- Provide efficient and effective internal communications to ensure all required people are informed of progress to ensure the project proceeds on time
- Maintain a commercial and business like relationship with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Participate in the company's Health and Safety management systems and ensure adherence in all activities and projects
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years Mechanical Engineering and Design relevant working experience
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Extensive experience with Inventor Professional (2D and 3D) and Vault Basic is required
- Experience with Auto CAD is preferred but not essential
- Experience in creating manufacturing drawings - GD&T, Welding requirements, appropriate dimensioning for manufacturability
- Materials handling/conveying or food processing experience is advantageous
- Experience in manufacturing process is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Qualities of resourcefulness, initiative and innovation
- An ability to communicate effectively internally and externally and build/ maintain relationships
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be provided a rare opportunity to join an international focused company in a critical project delivery role. On offer is a competitive salary package being offered on a full time basis.
If you are currently in a similar role and are looking for a change into a genuinely exciting role where no two days are the same, then this may be the opportunity for you. Additionally, if you are looking to take the next step in your career Milmeq offers a supportive team environment delivering a diverse range of projects that will keep you engaged every day.