- Leading Australian Mining Operator
- Significant Wet Plant Expansion project
About Our Client
This opportunity is with a Tier 1 mining operator sitting within the project engineering team. The organisation is a well known business with diverse operations that is committed to DE&I as well as building long term relationships with the community.
Role & responsibilities
- Reporting to the Project Lead, provide mechanical technical engineering expertise for a major Sustaining Capital project being undertakenon site in WA
- Utilising the Sustaining Capital project procedures to assist the Project Lead with moving projects through various stages of the project's life cycle
- Review technical deliverables from study consultant for conformance design to specification, Australian Standard, International Standard and industry practice
- Work with site and design teams for arriving at optimum design solutions.
- Review project documentation for study design, tender and execution.
- Assisting the Project Lead with managing quality & risk on various inter-disciplinary projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in mechanical engineering
- 6 - 10 years engineering experience in the mining industry
- Experience in wet process engineering is highly regarded
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative and be driven to achieve results
What's on Offer
- Opportunity for contract extension for the right candidate within the organisation
- Competitive hourly rate
- Experience working on an iconic WA mining project