Media Officer - Contract
Exciting opportunity to join a busy and experienced team
This role is to start late June and to run for 6 months
About Our Client
This role will require you to build the organisations reputation by working across a fully integrated and innovative comms and media strategy. The sole purpose of the role is to work with the Comms Manager and supporting them with press releases and assisting with enquiries. You will also be required to assist the comms team with writing external content - this is a full mix of reactive and proactive work.
Alongside maintaining stakeholder relations you will also be required to build and manage relationships externally with various media outlets encouraging positive coverage in a proactive manner.
- Answering enquiries from the press or other media representatives
- Write press releases and news reports about the work of an organisation
- Developing media contacts and monitoring media coverage
- Attending press conferences and media interviews
- Distributing press releases and letters
- Keeping up-to-date with all issues that affect the company or organisation
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role you must have good media experience, preferably within the public sector. You will be an articulate and self-motivated professional with excellent communication skills. This role will require you to work in a fast paced and sometimes pressurized environment, so you must be a focused and unflappable professional.
Required interpersonal skills:
- Well-developed interpersonal and written oral communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Ability to work co-operatively, to accomplish joint tasks and build positive working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective client management skills, including the application of initiative and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
What's on Offer
This is a contract role which will run until the year, in this time you will have the opportunity to work across various high profile projects and develop key relations with internal and external stakeholders.
For your hard work and commitment to the role you will be given the opportunity to raise your profile, work with talented communications professionals whilst working on some interesting pieces of work. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and talented professional to join a busy and growing team.