Largest retail chain within their demographic
Autonomous role reporting to the Head of Merchandise
About Our Client
My client are a National Retail chain who hold a commanding store share within their market. A company with strong expansion goals in 2017, looking to build their merchandise team in the Victoria region. With a clear set of values, they are committed to ensure a challenging working environment that will constantly push your career development and provide various opportunities for growth.
Reporting to the Head Of Merchandise, you will contribute to the management and performance of the region through leadership, innovative thinking, strategic reporting and solid business acumen. Also;
- Assist the Head of Merchandise to articulate and document the Product Strategy
- Analyse past sales data
- Establish a core product range.
- Based on FIS and gross margin requirements, calculate the required cost price for all ranged products in preparation for supplier negotiations.
- Once product is ranged, ensure that all supplier provided information conforms to Master Data requirements.
- Establish a core product forecasting model and liaise with suppliers to assist with stock flow, and in stock position, taking into consideration the national marketing programme.
- Liaise with Visual Merchandising Manager, franchisees and store teams to ensure the ranged products are presented on the floor in the most attractive manner.
- Take responsibility for developing a strategy for accessory categories.
- Establish core ranges and negotiate supplier agreements, trading terms and RRP pricing.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A tertiary degree preferably in related field (Highly desirable)
- 3 years' experience in a high volume retail space
- 5 years' merchandise planner experience
- Strong budget and forecasting skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
What's on Offer
In return, my client is offering the chance to join a market leading retail company where you will be given a real opportunity to grow your planning capabilities in alignment with a competitive salary package.