A new Merchandise Planner opportunity to join a leading retail business
Based in the city, the office is easily accessible
About Our Client
Our client is a nationally recognised brand who is experiencing strong internal growth. They are seeking an experienced, highly driven Merchandise Planner to join their team. They offer an enjoyable and challenging work environment and a culture centred around internal development and promotion from within.
You will work closely with a team of Buyers to provide strong analytical and financial support to enhance the performance of the team. You will accept full responsibility for the financial planning and stock control requirements of the Merchandise team, reporting into the Merchandise Director.
The key accountabilities of this role will include:
- Ability to develop, monitor and control a significant open-to-buy
- Strategically manage and meet financial and inventory targets
- Deliver accurate information on a timely basis, for Buyers to base buying/production decisions upon
- Monitor and control ordering and quantification to ensure purchasing is according to plan
- Maximise revenue, margin and profit performance
- Manage the processes of product lifecycle and pricing strategies
- Manage seasonal merchandise flow and sales
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the Merchandise Planner role will possess previous planning experience and have experience working in a fast-paced retail environment.
They will demonstrate strong leadership skills, possess highly developed analytical skills and sound commercial acumen.
They will be hard working, have an extremely high attention to detail and enjoy working with numbers.
Strong organisational and communication skills are essential along with the capacity to make sound decisions and resolve issues.
Applicants will be working with a variety of software programs, so computer literacy is essential. Strong knowledge of Excel amongst over systems experience is required.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package, including generous incentives
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Excellent team culture