A leading luxury women's brand
Great team environment
About Our Client
Our Client is a an Australian-owned global retailer for luxury women's wear and accessories. They have seen success in under 20 years with a highly engaged and devoted customer base. Located in the CBD, they are close to transport links.
Reporting directly to the Merchandise Planning Manager, this role will see you accountable for planning and trading activities within your department. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, analytically minded planner who is organised and can fit in with a positive and successful team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare item sales plans, budgets, and projections.
- Review plans with merchandising team, fulfilment operations, and vendors, and advise manager as to trends,opportunities, and recommendations.
- Prepare requisitions and coordinate merchandise order requirements with purchasing.
- Monitor order and stock status to ensure timely delivery and receipt of merchandise.
- Maintain item, inventory and purchase data as required.
- Monitor available inventory position
- Design, develop, and produce ad-hoc analyses, and standing daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Identify actions required to mitigate out-of-stocks
- Manage the OTB for all countries, flagging any issues that may arise in the future
- Review open PO's, receipts and inventory variances for exceptions and provide tracking.
- Perform data extraction and improve specialised reporting systems/models, utilising tools such as Access, and Excel
- Working with management and teams to evaluate/formulate business cases for new selling opportunities.
- Accuracy, efficiency, agility and communication is also essential.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- 1-3 years experience in merchandise planning
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in all MS Office Programs
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- An understanding of market trends/store demands
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills
- The ability to work well within a team
- Must have strong communication skills in both written and verbal
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, on-the-job training and mentoring as well as staff discounts.