Mining Area Manager
Fixed Term Contract - potential to go perm
About Our Client
Our client is a multi listed global mining and metals company. Headquartered in Perth they are currently seeking an experienced area manager for their QLD operations.
- Membership of the Project Leadership Team.
- Demonstrate leadership through personal behaviours that are consistent with our clients values
- Provides direction and leadership to specific mining development related areas within a major project
- Liaising with the Production, Planning, Maintenance, and Engineering functions in the Mine Operation during the project works and integrated operational services (on-site and off-site) to deliver against the performance targets for safety, production and unit costs through effective management of people, resources, and physical assets.
- Driving the health, safety and environment compliance / outcomes for the mine area study, project and site works; including the safety systems and processes required to support safe ongoing operation of the constructed facility
- Develop a balanced and productive project team by providing leadership and guidance to the project members under your management and co-ordinating and fostering team spirit and approach based on South32 core values and behaviours
- Plan and deliver the project area according to contractual requirements by managing the scope of work, quality, budget, schedule, resources, risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle and maintain operational lines of communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordination with all project Managers to ensure seamless integration across all areas of the project.
- Support the business strategic intent in delivery of the project objectives.
- Compliance with project reporting requirements
The Successful Applicant
For you to be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Relevant degree or extensive demonstrated experience (Geoscience, Mining, Engineering or related)
- Any broad exposure to operating facilities and process plants or other major industrial undertakings is beneficial
- Experience in the development and delivery of discipline engineering and project deliverables
- Ability to influence / agree solutions with multiple or a large group of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, coach and mentor employees resulting in improved engagement, diversity and organisational capability.
What's on Offer
In return you will receive competitive salary, career development opportunities super contribution scheme and much more.