National Pallet Team Leader
Work for one of Australia's largest food distributors
Take on a national role
About Our Client
My client is one of Australia's largest food distributors. They offer a superb service of warehousing, transport and distribution services to a broad range of blue-chip customers across Australia.
With head office based in the South East suburbs of Melbourne my client operates from dozens of sites across Australia.
The key roles and responsibilities of this position are to oversee pallet management on a national level and to:
- Ensure pallet transfers, pallet hire costs and recoveries are managed and processed in accordance with pallet supplier and customer contract terms & conditions;
- Managing a team of three, delegating work flow in the most efficient manner possible
- Ensure pallet accounts are set up and configured nationally on a consistent bases to optimise pallet control accuracy and trace-ability
- Conduct procedural audits to ensure compliance;
- Account management, with interaction to internal and external stakeholders
- P&L ownership; with specific focus on cost effectiveness
- Oversee and ensure sites and transport teams comply with the National Pallet procedures and provide training as required
- Review and audit operational processes to ensure all pallet movements are reflected in National Pallet procedures.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position you must have at least 3-4 year's experience within a pallet management role, ideally at a national level, and possess the following skills and experience:
- High level of organisational skills
- Strong management experience with ability to effectively delegate work-flow
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent time management, multitasking and ability to work autonomously
- Data Analysis and interpretation skills
- Account management experience, with ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of Safety Frameworks and the ability to quickly acquire knowledge on company policies, SOP's and relevant legislation related to the role and the business is also essential
What's on Offer
The chance to work for one of Australia's leading food distributors, and the chance to take on a national role with a generous starting salary!