National Retail Sales Manager | Food Ingredients
Be part of the future of this amazing company
Have the chance to build and implement succesful strategies
About Our Client
Our client is the market leader for private label products in their makret with over a 60% share. Founded in the 70's, they have grown to 300 employees with 30% currently working on a tenure of 10+ years. A truely fascinating company that currently manages 3800 SKU's across 40 countries. With 8 direct reports, this National Retail role will only be for those who want to commit the next stages of their career to learning; seeking knowledge and adding value to this wonderful organisation.
The role of National Sales Manager - Retail requires an experienced, highly intelligent FMCG executive, with a high level of customer awareness. In particular they must be detail minded with extensive experience in negotiating private label contracts across a range of categories within the major Supermarket accounts.
They must be comfortable in leading regular dealings with senior Supermarket executives at both GM and Department Director level, both on current and more broad ranging long term projects.
They will need to provide stable, insightful leadership whilst driving the front-end of the business to deliver continued growth. They will be a hands-on manager, able to nurture, train and grow the current team through a customer centric sales and innovation-led marketing strategy.
The Successful Applicant
- 10-15 years FMCG experience in Retail supermarket sector;
- Current dealing with Coles, W/W, Aldi, Costco and other Independents combined with exposure to their Senior Management teams and a high level of awareness of their strategies from a sales & marketing perspective;
- Experience with Private Label;
- Strong background in contract discussions and negotiations;
- Multi-category experience within supermarkets i.e. Grocery/Fresh Produce etc;
- Customer exposure and contact with customer Technical/R&D teams;
- A strong background in NPD;
- Internal relationship skills at all levels is a necessity;
What's on Offer
- Extremely Competitive Remuneration Package;
- Build and implement successful strategies for the foreseeable future of the retail sector;
- Fulfilment of people management;
- Opportunity to gain an invaluable insight into a unique company.