National Sales Manager (Grocery)
Australian owned FMCG business
National Sales manager (Grocery), integral role to the business
About Our Client
Our client is an Australian owned FMCG organisation with a strong portfolio of food and beverage brands. Operating across nearly all retail channels in Australia, this is a business that is looking to invest in their team and sales capabilities. With an entrepreneurial culture, they are looking for individuals who are excited to work in a business that recognises good talent, invests in its people, who are motivated to drive a change agenda and thrive in a team based and results orientated company culture.
Reporting to the General Manager of Sales, the National Sales Manager (Grocery) is a key role in the structure. As the National Sales Manager you will be responsible for the achievement of sales targets and driving category growth and brand share across the full portfolio, within grocery. Your role is to work with senior sales leadership to create the channel strategy and execute across grocery accounts.
You will be running the delivery of the national business plan and key growth strategies;
- Set individual account plans and work with senior leadership to set channel plan in line with the businesses strategy, category drivers and market opportunity/insights.
- Manage National Accounts in line with individual and channel sales plan; achieve sales, profit, volume, share and NPD KPIs
- Provide analysis and financial reports to support account performance for internal and customer stakeholders
- Stakeholder management across the business and key customers including maximising the opportunities for account/category reviews.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the National Sales Manager, you will have proven experience within a similar role within the FMCG industry. Your tertiary qualifications, high degree of commercial and business acumen, analytical capability, proven ability to negotiate and build long term relationships, passion for sales, results-oriented attitude, and drive to develop and progress within the business, will be key for your successful career.
- Experienced senior National Account Manager or junior National Business Manager with recent track record of working with Coles and/or Woolworths
- Experienced in managing a customer portfolio in competitive categories
- FMCG account management background in an innovation led category
- Strong commercial acumen with a passion for building long term partnerships
- Demonstrably high-calibre analytical ability with an understanding of category principals
- Ability to develop and deliver complex business planning
- Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills complemented by superior communication skills
What's on Offer
Based in Melbourne's inner suburbs, this role is a key and pivotal role to the business. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary package in line with market. Our client is driving a change and transformation agenda and are looking for motivated, a proven sales leader to drive success in a key channel and high profile role in the business.