6 month fixed-term contract
Based in Inner-West
About Our Client
My client is an education institution and they create exceptional learning programs and enhance their campus environment to optimise growth and opportunities for their students and staff.
As a Network Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Being involved in installations, design and Implementation of servers
- Pro-actively monitor the system to maximise the network
- Troubleshoot network problems and outages
- Collaborate with the IT Director to schedule upgrades to optimizing the network performance
- Secure the network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring the users access
- Develop detailed documentation of the network design and configuration
- Get involved in proposing, planning and implementing network enhancements and updates
- Decommission of all old networking equipment
- Assist the IT team with any network related tasks as required
- Reporting on network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and supporting IT projects
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you must have demonstrated experience in:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in LAN and WAN
- Extensive experience in Switches, Firewall, Proxy Servers and VOIP systems
- Network design, implementation, troubleshooting, problem solving, hardware configuration, and performance tuning.
- Project Management experience
- Ideally you will also have MCSC, CCNA or CCNP.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a 6 month FTC with a possible extension and a very competitive salary package. The school is based very close to the station but there is also free parking provided if you prefer to drive.