Training and Development
About Our Client
We are currently looking for a network engineer to join a fast growing organisation based in Melbourne CBD. They have a special need for a network engineer to join their team and help drive their success.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Supporting the organisations environment.
- Periodic architecture review of core MPLS infrastructure, peripheral networking infrastructure, and associated processes and monitoring.
- Responding to and resolving networking issues on a range of vendors, including Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco, HPE/Aruba, Dell and others, through remote access and on-site visits.
- Design and deployment of creative networking solutions, including firewalls, routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Installation, configuration and documentation of new networking equipment.
- Participation in data centre and WAN architecture design and pre-sales work.
- Liaising with colleagues within the network team, colleagues within the wider organisation and with clients to deliver the most appropriate solution and outcome.
- Mentoring and supporting junior engineers within the network team.
- Identifying and implementing proactive improvements to existing environments and processes.
- Participation in on-call roster and responding to high severity escalations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following:
- Proven experience in designing and supporting data Centre networks or routed & switched technologies within a corporate environment.
- Proven experience installing, configuring and supporting Cisco and/or Fortinet equipment within a corporate environment.
- Experience designing and/or supporting ISP/Telco network environments.
- Proven experience with problem ownership and root cause analysis.
- Proven experience working in complex technology-based projects, particularly within environments involving direct customer engagement, team collaboration and deadlines.
- Solid wireless deployment and troubleshooting skills.
- Thorough knowledge of ICT and network security best practices.
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a permanent opportunity based in the CBD. You will have the opportunity to work on large scale projects and the opportunity to learn something new every day.