Network Security Engineer
8-12 week contract
About Our Client
Our Client is a global consulting organsation.
- Monitor and develop security infrastructure;
- Monitor network security and respond to events and incidents;
- Be responsible for the overall design of network infrastructure, including the data network, wide area network, voice networks, Internet access facilities and network security infrastructure;
- Oversee management and support of the network infrastructure;
- Manage 3rd party providers to ensure reliable, available and secure network to meet organisation requirements;
- Provide technical advice and guidance for projects;
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in routing and switching within a Cisco environment
- Broad knowledge and experience working with Cisco and Palo Alto Networks solutions
- Excellent understanding of IP networking technologies including routing protocols (BGP and OSPF), IPSec VPNs, QoS, Ethernet and wireless LAN technologies.
- Cisco ISE, 802.1x, Radius, wireless controllers
- Endpoint Protection Technologies
- Microsoft Azure environment - networking/security focus.
- Networking troubleshooting and support skills, as well as good networking knowledge of general networking skills such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, LAN and WAN networks.
- Extensive experience firewall and network security design and implementation
- Sound knowledge and understanding of security risk assessment and network security architecture
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies, security threats and trends.
- Proven technical (hands-on) experience, ideally with a specialisation in a security domain.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of security risk assessment and network security architecture.
- Ability to analyse patterns of security events from firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM and other security data sources.
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a short contract based in the CBD.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation immedaitely.
Please apply via the link.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high number of applications.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Lauren McFarland on +61 3 9607 5621.