Network & System Administrator
ASX Listed Business
Working hours 12:30-9pm
About Our Client
Our client is an ASX listed business and a market leader in their field, they have a need for a Network and System Administrator to join their team and help contribute to their success.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Install, configure, and maintain PCs and servers, networking equipment and network operating systems (Windows Server 2012 - 19) - this will include installing cabling as required, rebuilding of virtual servers when required.
- Supervise overseas offices in the installation of new equipment. This will be done via VPN, remote access connections for office and roaming sales personnel. This work may require some after-hours work and telephone communications.
- Provide telephone and desktop support to internal users.
- Setup and maintain peripheral devices such as desktops, printers and xerox copiers.
- Setup and Maintain VM Servers when required.
- Administer system access and security levels in AD.
- Daily system back-ups, setting up user accounts, monitoring file access, file and VM restores etc.
- Administering Sophos Central.
- Assist in developing Policies & Procedures for the IT department.
- Support and Maintain the Cisco UCM system.
- VEEAM backup and recovery.
- Train users in the use of new software before upgrades occur.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following:
- Experience in a similar position.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to ensure technical problems are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Virtualisation (VMware), Server Compute (HP), Backup (Veeam, Shadow protect, Backup Exec, DRP), Storage (HP, Pure Storage).
- Networking (Cisco, Sophos, SonicWall, Meraki including VLANS, VPNs, MPLS and Routing).
- VMWare ESXi, VSphere, vCenter.
- Windows AD, DHCP, GPO's, DNS, and Radius.
- VMWare Certification (VCP).
- Cisco (CCNA / CCNP).
- VEEAM Certification (VMCE).
- Microsoft Windows Server.
- Endpoint Security.
- Office 365 & Azure.
What's on Offer
On offer is a permanent opportunity with a market leading organisation based in Bayswater. The organisation pride themselves on training and development and they invest in their people.