Operations Manager - Property and Assets
This is a leadership role for someone who values people as their #1 asset
An exciting role encompassing facilities & asset management, leasing and fleet
About Our Client
This client is an international retail company that owns and operates a high-quality, household brand names. This client has a focus on delivering high-quality products to the Australian marketplace, and values integrity, innovation and sustainable business practices. They're a big business with a small business feel - i.e.: they have a strong leadership group and they care for their people. This is a great opportunity for someone who values the culture of a high-performing, family-oriented organisation.
This role will be responsible for the strategic management of the company's property and operational assets.
This includes management of leased and freehold properties (lease administration and negotiation for retail stores, offices, warehouses and distribution centres). You will also be responsible for the management of building assets, operational equipment (lifts, forklifts etc), and fleet vehicles.
You will have a Facilities Coordinator reporting into you who is responsible for repairs and maintenance, as well as a Fleet Manager who oversees the day-to-day fleet operations.
You will also be required to:
- Prepare business cases for site selection & evaluation, as well as ongoing site maintenance
- Establishing preventative and reactive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment (and ensure the stores/warehouses adhere to these maintenance programs)
- Strategically plan for Capital Expenditure requirements
- Manage relationships with vendors, key suppliers and service-delivery partners
- Liaise with franchises, company-owned stores, and a wide variety of other stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you'll need to value people as the biggest asset to an organisation. Many companies talk about strong communication skills and stakeholder skills, but very few businesses actually embody those values. This business does, and will require an innate ability to be authentic, lead team members with drive and proactively build rapport with external stakeholders.
In addition, you'll also need to:
- Have a customer-centric mindset. Even though you won't be engaging directly with customers, your work is the foundation of the customer experience, so you need to be prepared to put others first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and respect at all times
- Operate with a friendly a calm demeanour
- Have the ability to see the bigger picture, without losing sight of important details
- Work with small teams and store managers, to help manage assets and lease negotiations
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders, bringing solutions and ideas to the table, not just problems
- Lead people with a flexible approach - some stakeholders will need a firm approach, while others will need support in a more gentle way
- Communicate authentically - deliver what you say you'll deliver, and not be afraid to be vulnerable when required
- Maintain a high performance, whilst having fun and contributing to the culture in a positive way. Don't be afraid to bring your personality to the table!
What's on Offer
This is a brilliant role for a candidate who wants to be part of something bigger than themselves! If successful, you will receive:
- Unmatched training and development - both personal and professional - within this company. They value their people as the #1 asset to their brand, and they'll do everything in their power to make their people great.
- A high-paying salary, up to $145k package for the right candidate.
- A laptop, mobile phone and corporate incentive scheme is also included
- The chance to work with a globally-recognised (and highly-successful) brand
- A strong leadership team above you, and excellent employees reporting into you