Full operational responsibility
About Our Client
Zilzie Wines is an award winning winery that produces wine for Australian and international customers. The business has been growing grapes for nearly 30 years and still retains its family values through their passionate staff from their facility in Mildura and Sales and Marketing Office in Melbourne.
The business is seeking a high calibre Operations Manager that has a proven track record for execution, with a strong vision for success and an ability to take their operations to the next level.
As the Operations Manager, you will have full operational responsibility of the winery. The Operations Manager provides leadership and direction for the Winemaking, Quality/Laboratory, Maintenance, Cellar and Production Administration departments and fosters cooperative relationships with all internal/external customers and suppliers
- Oversee the efficient operational management of the processing facility, including the cellar, and maintenance
- Foster an environment of lean manufacturing (FLOW) and continuous improvement through the measurement of effectiveness of operational processes and practices
- Complete monthly reports against budgets and KPIs, addressing outliers promptly
- Lead the development, consultation and implementation of growth strategies and capex planning to ensure business sustainability
- People leadership of a medium sized operations team and a large number of seasonal casuals, focussing on developing talent and strong alignment & engagement across Operations
- Identify and manage potential operational risks to the business in terms of financial impacts, workforce concerns and required business resources
- Ensure processes & systems are established and maintained to achieve or exceed compliance
- Develop and manage EHS strategy and implementation throughout the business
- Ensure the site and all relevant staff are fully adhering to the quality systems (HACCP, OH&S, Quality and Environment)
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to bring new ideas and solutions to a traditional work environment. A hands-on approach, demonstrating natural and authentic people leadership skills is essential. Above all else, you will be a role model for our core values.
- Experience in senior Operations roles in a food or beverage manufacturer
- Demonstrated thought leader - both strategic and analytical
- Proven track record of Continuous Improvement and/or Lean implementation success
- Tertiary qualified in preferably Engineering or Business
- Strong commercial mindset
- Outstanding people skills, including a genuine interest in mentoring future leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively from the shop floor to executive level
What's on Offer
This role offers a very competitive salary package.