- Report directly to General Manager
- Key Leadership Role in Collaborative Team
About Our Client
Our client was recently acquired by a public company with a mandate to develop a state of the art resource recovery facility that is able to serve the needs of a growing Brisbane market and the changing recycling requirements of a nation.
The group is in the early stages of streamlining and optimising from implementation of new systems to staff development. They are also in the planning phase for the site development, including new offices and a state of the art C&D fixed processing plant to maximise their recycling productivity.
The primary functions of the Operations Manager are:
- Lead a safety first culture
- Management of production staff on site
- Understanding of the production flow chart including planning, modification and successful implementation of new systems and processes
- Rotation across different business aspects including workshop, site, administration
- Input into the planning and preparation of a new fixed plant environment on site
- Implementation of technical documentation and safety documents
- Ensure that production schedules are met in line with set deadlines and budgets
- Maximise the efficiency and output of the facilities
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualifications in Engineering, Business Management or relevant industry experience
- Post graduate qualification in Business Management will be highly regarded
- A background in managing high volume, fixed plant manufacturing operations of any type
- Advantageous is a working knowledge of landfill and/or heavy industrial or other heavy manufacturing operations
- Ability to be successful in a high paced environment with many competing priorities
- Previous experience managing people and the ability to develop high performance teams
- Proven planning and scheduling experience will be highly regarded
- Sound working knowledge of operational management in a heavy industrial setting
- Experience in Plant Maintenance and System Management
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to join an innovative organisation with the potential and backing to grow rapidly. It is an exciting and critical time of change with the potential to leave your mark and set the business up for future success. You will join a collaborative leadership team as you work through the transition to a fixed plant operation and engage the current workforce to bring them on the journey with you.
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary package and ongoing career development opportunities in this rare opportunity to join an operation at the ground level and implement real change in an organisation.
If you are currently in an Operational Management role and are looking for a change, or step into a role where you will be given the opportunity to develop your team and improve operations then this may be the opportunity for you.