Outbound Operations Supervisor
Permanent Full time position
Work for a retail GIANT
About Our Client
Based in Western Sydney, our clients site is highly automated, sophisticated and equipped to global best practice. They possess a strong focus on team member safety, quality and continuous improvement whilst ensuring customers' security of supply, quality, availability of product and value for money expectations are met.
- 100% compliance to shift handover process and document control.
- Supervise and control the automated picking of orders and all machinery within the process.
- Oversee inventory in warehouse inclusive of stock rotation, quality control,FIFO, liaising with stakeholders where required.
- Coordinate with transport providers to meet time lines in line with the Chain of Responsibility commitments and hit DOT.
- Ensuring equipment and systems are maintained and in working order, Maintain all operational equipment and MHE are in line with Company policy and procedure.
Staff Management & Team Cohesion
- Planning and adjusting staffing levels to meet daily operation requirements within the warehouse.
- Prepare and conduct regular toolbox talks in line with company policies and procedures.
- Promote team philosophy and cultivate team cohesion by working with the team to achieve the companies targets and objectives.
- Coach , Drive and lead staff through 5S related activities through instilling a culture of continuous improvements.
Safety & Wellbeing
- Perform disciplinary action on all safety related breaches, escalating to stakeholders when required.
- Responsible for all safety related documentation and dissemination thereof.
- Lead and coach team through safety related programs.
- Contribute to the mitigation of risk and injury.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years in a fast moving , high volume team management/supervisory role.
- High attention to detail and accuracy/Fast learner especially around systems.
- Confident on the computer/WMS Systems.
- Strong people and performance managements skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and manage a team of ununionised staff in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of warehouse operations, materials handling equipment (MHE).
- Sound understanding of Chain of Responsibility guidelines.
- Intermediate MS Office skills, Excel -Word-Outlook-Powerpoint-Access
- Flexible working arrangements in line with business needs.
- Good mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Advanced Excel skills & WMS experience
- Previous experience in a fresh product/low shelf life processing facility.
- Swisslog WMS experience or similar
What's on Offer
You will enjoy all the security, stability and benefits that come with working for one of Australia's largest employers including:
Ongoing training and development
And much more ..