Outbound Warehouse Supervisor - Afternoon
Join a global business
Join an organisation that prides themselves on their company culture
About Our Client
My client is a major player in the home hardware industry. They are an extremely well-established organisation that prides themselves on their core values and company culture. For the right candidate they offer extensive in house training's and developmental opportunities, as well as the opportunity to always grow within the company.
The key tasks and responsibilities of this position are:
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the Outbound function.
- Responsible for achieving maximum cost effective productivity through effective planning & deployment of resource (staff & equipment) within the area of responsibility.
- Manage workload to satisfy customer orders and other operational requirements, through effective planning whilst giving consideration to other areas of the business.
- Ensure that all customer orders are processed to meet delivery requirements & report any potential shortfalls.
- Employ most cost-effective method of operation considering headcount and workload planning against overtime hours.
- Reports possible procedural improvements to the Outbound Manager
- Providing a 'hands on' approach to ensure the operation achieves its goals while successfully ensuring a high level of effective departmental planning and people management.
- To implement, manage and maintain all set K.P.I. including managing under performing members of the team.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must have at least 2-3 years' experience in a similar role and possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong supervisory experience within a warehouse environment, this person needs to be very people orientated, with capacity to foster team development
- Experience of working in a fast pace DC environment
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others to deliver outstanding results; acts decisively to create business improvement.
- Previous experience working with ERP or relevant warehouse management systems
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organise people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it.
- Problem solver, flexible, able to adapt to new ways of working.
- Strong literacy, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong character, honest, fair & trustworthy in all task & relationships; Highly ethical
- Treats others with respect & candor; Builds positive work relationships
What's on Offer
My client is an extremely well-established organisation that prides themselves on their core values and company culture. For the right candidate they offer extensive in house training's and developmental opportunities, as well as the opportunity to always grow within the company.