Patent Attorney (5+ Years Post Registration)
Industry Leading IP Portfolio
About Our Client
Our client is a global corporate with an established reputation as an industry leader in its field. As a renowned innovator, this client maintains an industry leading IP portfolio that it is committed to protecting. This client provides its employees with enviable international opportunities and is committed to cross-jurisdictional collaboration.
This role is to nurture our clients IP portfolio. You will be charged with development and maintenance of new products in accordance with the companies desire to fully protect its intellectual property. The successful applicant with have a thorough knowledge of the relevant legislative/regulatory frameworks. In particular the role is tasked with:
- maintenance of a patent portfolio and involvement in the full life cycle;
- being the key business unit point of contact on all IP and IP related matters;
- Protecting IP to the fullest extent of the law;
- Provision of infringement related advice;
- Staying current on all legislative/regulatory changes (particularly in relation to patents but also with registered designs and trademarks);
- Maintaining and updating policies/procedures in accordance with change; and
- Providing ad hoc IP related advice.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:
- be a registered patent attorney in Australia (or the US/Europe);
- hold a relevant tertiary degree;
- have 5 years post registration experience;
- have experience in a reputable in-house environment;
- be familiar with pharmaceuticals, medical devices, bio-medical engineering or related industries;
- have experience dealing with patents infringements or contentious matters; and
- capable of liaising with all levels of the business (including engineers); and
As patent attorney you will provide IP support to the Australian business but will also have duties with cross-jurisdictional implications. The successful applicant will be attentive to details and capable of clearly (and in layman's terms) explaining legal jargon.
What's on Offer
Competitive remuneration package based on knowledge and experience.