- Immerse yourself in an organisation that cares for the wider community
- Help with building a new P&C team alongside the CEO and key stakeholders
About Our Client
Our client is a non-for-profit organisation working with Young Carers across Australia. Founded in 2009, they love building and delivering high quality programs that create deep and meaningful impact in the lives of young people providing care in their families. To date, they have supported over 5,000 Young Carers, they deliver eight core programs alongside ad hoc supports, advocacy and community awareness campaigns. They have strong corporate partnership and funding relationships and have raised over $3 million to improve the quality of life for Young Carers around Australia. They have even received recognition from Queen Elizabeth II and have been named as an internationally best practice organisation for Young Carer support.
Recruitment and Onboarding duties
- Work with managers on their team needs and develop competitive position descriptions;
- Management of the recruitment process including shortlisting, screening, interviewing and organising interviews for managers, conducting reference checks and background checks, and ensuring visas and required WWC and police checks are validated before moving to offer;
- Development, maintenance and lead of the onboarding process; and
- Lead inductions, covering all required info such as history, values, expectations, team meetings and first day checklist.
Learning, Development & Training
- Create and maintain a team development calendar including required trainings, lunch and learns, social and
engagement events and other relevant workshops/sessions to enhance team skills;
- Develop and coordinate a performance management framework to address feedback, underperformance and
career development; and
- Engage with external providers for topics where needed.
HR Generalist and Operational Duties
- Lead and coordinate People and Culture annual strategic plans;
- Development and maintenance of an effective People Framework that includes recruitment, performance management, remuneration and benefits, succession planning, team engagement and learning and development;
- Own, and regularly review all policies and procedures, staying up to date with Award and Fair Work changes, amending and sharing updated documents when needed;
- Management of the HRIS (Employment Hero) ensuring all team leaders are trained on its functions and expected use;
- Support of team leaders, across any performance matters such as disciplinary conversations, performance reviews, probation reviews and alike;
- Timely response to team member and management issues, grievances and people related requests; and
- Creation and contribution to quarterly Board reports and active membership of the HR Sub-Committee including attendance at meetings.
The Successful Applicant
- A degree in HR or relevant field, or equivalent experience in HR or relevant field;
- Direct experience creating, amending, and issuing HR policies and procedures;
- A high level of business professionalism and confidentiality when it comes to people matters, policies, strategic
business moves, etc.;
- Strong operational ability and the ability to implement business plans and goals;
- A high level of diplomacy and a strong ability to remove your personal lens when assessing a business
- Experience working in fast-moving, unpredictable environments.
- An approachable, trustworthy, and reliable nature;
- Excellent organisational skills, especially when managing your time;
Would like but not necessary:
- Understanding of the carer space
- Lived experience as a Young Carer;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
What's on Offer
- Access to a lot of development opportunities
- 4 day work week (30.4 hours)
- Thirsty Thursdays in the office
- Fun and friendly team to work with
- Salary sacrificing
- Dog-friendly office!!!