Personal Injury Solicitor - NSW and Melbourne
Make your mark in this continually progressive firm,with agressive growth plans
Work in a team with good culture, management support and mentorship from Partner
About Our Client
The firm is an accredited specialist, Personal Injury Law firm providing the highest quality expert compensation legal advice to any Australian or International resident or visitor who has suffered negligent acts in Australia.
Their area of specialisation are the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (CTP / MVA - old and new regime)
- Public Liability claims
- Medical Negligence
- Workers Compensation / WID (Work Injury Damages);
- TPD claims
Guided by the purpose of defending clients' cases, so they obtain the compensation that they deserve by taking every case personally no matter how big or small, they aim to deliver the highest quality of expert compensation legal advice.
With the culture of fairness, integrity, respect, collaboration and excellence, the firm has aggressive growth plans for the future across their offices in the country.
Reporting to the firm's partner, you will be responsible for the day-to-day carriage of your own personal injury files both in NSW and Melbourne. So you will have to travel to the Victoria office once every 3 months.
You will be required to mentor and provide the necessary training to a full time/part time paralegal who will be your resource to assist you with delivering the key responsibilities of your position.
You will be capable of working independently in providing legal advice and you may also have some responsibility for mentoring less experienced legal staff.
- Maintain file management with limited supervision (25 cases initially)
- Achieve delivery of each matter with clear defined objectives and delivery of targets
- Try to achieve early resolution of matters
- Progressively work on and update clients on their matter
- Work independently with limited supervision of direct line manager within time constraints
- Prepare briefs/advices (both written and verbal) under minimal supervision
- Appear in routine matters in courts where applicable
- Mentor and influence Paralegal/s in their professional development, including leadership skills
- To demonstrate high level interpersonal skills and liaise effectively with other staff members, Barristers, counsel, client and other members of the public
- Commit to the needs and concerns of clients
The Successful Applicant
Keen to talk to solicitors who fit the following:
- 4-8 years PQE experience as Plaintiff in a Personal Injury Firm in NSW and preferably as well as Melbourne
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to work well under pressure
- A drive for excellence and professionalism
- Able to uphold ethical standards and values and to act with integrity and confidentiality
- Empathetic, co-operative and team focused.
What's on Offer
Your next firm is offering the following:
- Good culture, team breakfasts and celebrations of victories
- Monthly awards to acknowledge business wins and personal milestones
- $75,000 -$120,000 inclusive of superannuation
- With growth opportunities for the right candidates
- Convenient location next to public transport