- Large Scale Chemical Processing
- Strategic member of leadership team
About Our Client
Our client is a large Hazardous Chemical processing facility in the Western suburbs of Melbourne. They are a global and well known industry leader that are on a transformational journey. Due to recent structural changes, they are seeking a high calibre Plant Manager to lead their complex processing facility.
As the Plant Manager, your role is to lead, manage, and set direction for the facility in order to meet the industry benchmark in all areas of operational discipline through medium to long term systematic change management programs.
- Ensure the production outputs meet or exceed targets on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Ensure plant is managed in a cost effective and efficient manner while working to a budget.
- Develop and manage EHS strategy and implementation throughout the business.
- Ensure an effective Continuous Improvement culture exists throughout all operations.
- Optimise storage capacity.
- Complete monthly reports against budgets and KPIs, addressing outliers promptly.
- Manage budgeting and control processes for the site.
- Accountable for full compliance with all relevant legislative requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be able to bring new ideas and solutions to a traditional work environment. A hands-on approach, demonstrating natural and authentic people leadership skills is essential
- At least 8 years' experience in a plant based operational role in chemical or hazardous material facilities.
- Tertiary qualified in preferably Engineering or relevant disciplines
- A firm knowledge of manufacturing processing operations and distribution.
- Demonstrated thought leader - both strategic and analytical.
- Proven track record of Continuous Improvement and/or Lean implementation success.
- Tertiary qualified in preferably Engineering, Business or Agribusiness.
- Outstanding people skills, including a genuine interest in developing their people.
What's on Offer
This role offers a very competitive salary package.