Policy Officer / Administration Officer - APS 5 - APS 6
Contact Jean Carlo Ramirez at [email protected]
APS5 / APS6 - Section 26- or 6-months contract with extensions
About Our Client
This national security agency is looking to engage professionals who are skilled and experienced in Policy & Administration. This specific branch oversees the logistic support of the agency, both national and international; drafting, reviewing and developing relevant policies and procedures, ensuring that the agency works within the expected compliance process.
As a Policy Officer / Administration Officer, your main objective is to provide effective guidance, recommendations and counsel on a wide range of policy issues to the reference Government Agency, connecting and advising both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate administrative and business support activities for a team and other work areas, identify risks and determine appropriate course of action to meet stakeholder needs.
- Accountable to perform complex procedural, operational, administrative and business support activities and tasks that support the delivery of outcomes across the agency.
- Identify and interpret relevant legislation, policies, strategies, business and team requirements and apply these to the work area.
- Apply the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to provide advice and services for a range of complex corporate, administration and business support activities.
- Engage and negotiate with stakeholders on complex issues to achieve business outcomes.
- Work collaboratively, build and sustain effective relationships and provide constructive feedback.
- Take the initiative to progress work to meet business objectives, provide advice and guidance on more complex issues.
- Resolve problems and implement alternative courses of action.
- Accountable to develop and implement procedural, operational, corporate, administrative and business support documentation consistent with business requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a history of displaying these skills in the workplace and/or teams they have been a part of
- A proven track record of critically analysing large amounts of information and translating complex data into easy to understand terms
- Experience drafting procedures or policy
- Experience dealing with external and internal stakeholders
An Australian Citizenship in order to obtain an NV1 security clearance
What's on Offer
- An experienced and cohesive team with a combined objective to support you in your career and long-term prospects
- An excellent salary package to compensate you for your hard work and skills and expertise that you bring to the table
- The opportunity to impact effective policy change and work on projects that will positively impact your community
How to Apply
If you are currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please contact us by phone to 02-62228944 and ask for Jean Carlo Ramirez.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set but would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.