Policy Officer - APS5 / APS6
Multiple opportunities available
APS5 / APS6 - 3/6/12-month contract with extensions
About Our Client
Our Federal Government clients is looking to engage professionals who are skilled and experienced in Policy research and draft and looking for a new opportunity. As an experienced Policy and/or Project specialist, you will be self-motivated and capable of bringing your talents to our client who values hard work and commitment.
Depending upon the role, duties may include all or some of the following:
- Implementing government decisions on cost recovery policy, preparing reports, briefs and policy papers, drafting Ministerial correspondence and stakeholder discussion papers.
- Assisting in the development of legislation through drafting legislative instructions.
- Liaising and engaging with internal, external government and industry stakeholders and participating in committees and forums.
- Preparing quality policy advice that aligns with the agency's strategic objectives for various decision-making bodies, senior management and other decision makers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a history of displaying these skills in the workplace and/or teams they have been a part of. The division have significant and regular engagement with stakeholders, both internal and external, so managing and building these relationships is invaluable.
- High level research and data analysis skills used to provide insight into existing policies and potential projects.
- An interest in policy implementation and passion to use the necessary tools to contribute to effective policy change through Federal Government.
- An Australian Citizenship in order to obtain a security clearance.
Policy Officers with an understanding of the Australian Government Charging Framework and Cost Recovery Guidelines would be an advantage, although not essential.
What's on Offer
- An experienced and cohesive team with a combined objective to support you in your career and long-term prospects.
- An excellent salary package to compensate you for your hard work and skills and expertise that you bring to the table.
- The opportunity to impact effective policy change and work on projects that will positively impact your community.
How to Apply
If you are currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please apply and contact Jean Carlo Ramirez via phone at 02-62228944.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set but would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.