Policy Officer / Senior Policy Officer
Contact Jean Carlo Ramirez at [email protected]
APS5 / APS6 / EL1 - Long term contract
About Our Client
Our Federal Government clients is looking to engage professionals who are skilled and experienced in Policy and looking for a new opportunity. As an experienced Policy professional, you will be self-motivated and capable of bringing your talents to our client who values hard work and commitment.
As a Policy Officer, your main objective is to provide effective guidance, recommendations and counsel on a wide range of policy issues to the reference Government Agency. Main duties:
- Conduct in depth research on policy issues with the aim of providing analytical insight into the environment in which the policy is being used
- Prepare and/or support the preparation of complex reports, briefings, discussion papers, speeches, presentations and other written documentations as directed
- Provide expert advice and analysis on a range of policy areas
- Communicate effectively with senior management and other relevant stakeholders within the Agency on policy issues
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a history of displaying these skills in the workplace and/or teams they have been a part of
- The ability to critically analyse large amounts of information and translate complex data
- High level research and data analysis skills used to provide insight into existing policies and potential projects
- An interest in policy implementation and passion to use the necessary tools to contribute to effective policy change
- An Australian Citizenship in order to obtain a security clearance
What's on Offer
- An experienced and cohesive team with a combined objective to support you in your career and long-term prospects
- An excellent salary package to compensate you for your hard work and skills and expertise that you bring to the table
- The opportunity to impact effective policy change and work on projects that will positively impact your community
How to Apply
If you are currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please apply to this advertisement.
If you require further information about this opportunity, please contact us by email at or via phone at 02-62228944.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set but would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.