Principal BI Analyst - 12 month contract++
Highly competitive hourly rate
5 year program of work
About Our Client
Our client is one of QLD Governments most established and respected departments. As technology continues to become a more central component of their overall strategy, they are now looking to embark on an ICT Strategy Implementation program that will transform the way their ICT and wider divisions operate, interact and deliver successful outcomes.
The Principal BI Analyst role is responsible for:
- Providing senior level expertise in the analysis and solution design of internal and external BI Solutions in line with ICT and Data & Analytics Strategies.
- Interpreting business, technical and non-functional requirements, and designs optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- Leads the development of new Data Governance, Data Quality and Data Management products which may include policies, standards, guidelines and processes.
- Designs departmental enterprise "views" to support self-service, reporting and business analysis requirements.
- Lead and provide direction for the planning, designing, and execution of user acceptance testing.
- Scope, lead and manage PoC's that showcases the department's Data Platform capabilities.
- Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems.
- Provide input to standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Work collaboratively and guide the data/information requirements and change impacts for other projects in the Program.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Extensive and in-depth experience in a product analyst or analytical role in a variety of complex situations.
- Excellent understanding of Business Intelligence, Business Process Management as well as other aspects of reporting/analytics is required.
- Proven ability to effectively plan, prioritise and manage multiple and competing activities.
- Excellent communication skills across a range of technical and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working on Business Intelligence platforms and with related design and development tools is an advantage.
- Experience designing and analysing customer facing Internet-based applications, and key knowledge of Business Intelligence application frameworks is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated product management skills, including backlog management and product roadmap development is an advantage.
- Experience in the implementation of a quality client focused service delivery culture in a large sized multi-domain and cross-agency departmental environments.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and assist less senior staff.
- Experience with Agile methodologies for the development and implementation of large data transformation programs is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL v3 Framework including, but not limited to, Problem and Incident Management, Change Management and Service Level Management.
What's on Offer
- Brisbane CBD
- 12 month contract with extensions highly likely due to a 5 year program of work.
- Highly competitive hourly rate - up to $120 per hour package + GST.
- 3 roles available: Data Architect, Enterprise Data Modeller and Principal BI Analyst