Principal Business Planner
Great Senior Position
Work for a globaly renowned mining company
About Our Client
Our client is a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in various countries. They are focused on making a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. They aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
As a Principal Business Planner you will be required but not limited to:
- Develop the operational business plan.
- Implement the impact of the strategic plan as well as the marketing plan and ensure the required impacts to the specific operation/s are analysed and responded to.
- Make decisions relating to the long term plan and how that will cascade into the short term budget and or scorecard - specifically relating to capital spend and development expenditure.
- Accountable for arranging, facilitating and providing pre-read for all business plan related discussions for the assigned operation/s.
- Be the single point of accountability in relation to the business plan for the assigned operation/s.
- Accountable to follow agreed processes to develop the life of operation plan.
- Accountable for developing long term plans for assigned operation incorporating mine, process plant and infrastructure plans.
- Responsible for preparing costing (both capex and opex) for the long-term planning process through cost accounting methods and models.
- Accountable for coordinating with the other operations planning and projects teams to produce a consolidated view of the operations.
- A high degree of complexity must be dealt with on a daily basis during the life of operation planning as for example the marketing forecasts will only span 10 years out at maximum but valuation modelling is required to the end of life.
- Be the single point of accountability in relation to the life of operation plan for the assigned operation/s.
- Responsible for the detailed capital planning in the life of operation plan.
- Responsible for capital analysis and modelling of different capital alternatives.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Degree (Industrial Engineering, Mining Engineering, Accounting or Business)
- Demonstrated Business Acumen
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with ambiguity
- In-depth knowledge of planning software and systems
- Sound knowledge and understanding of mining and manufacturing processes
- Minimum 6 years' experience
What's on Offer
- Flexible work schemes.
- Competitive remuneration arrangements and benefits.
- Education and Career Development.