Principal Directional Studies
Attractive salary and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a globally diversified mining and metals company who operate in Australia and some of the major countries overseas. They are primary dealing with developing natural resources which would help improve people's lives for present and future generation.
The successful candidate would be required to undertake the following respobsibilities-
- The health, safety and environment (HS & E) compliance and outcomes for assigned studies.
- Planning, execution and delivery of assigned studies; objectively, efficiently and effectively exploring the business cases of potential investment opportunities
- Development of comprehensive commercially relevant business cases evaluating investment opportunities
- Development of budgets and schedules for assigned studies
- Compliance with reporting and compliance to approval governance requirements
Interact with internal senior operational and functional stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities-
- Degree in Mining, Engineering, Project Management and/or Business
- Well-developed oral & written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus and stakeholder engagement skills in a diverse stakeholder environment
- Broad exposure to operating facilities and process plants or other major industrial undertakings
- Exposure or experience in underground coal mining (ideally Australia)
- Senior line management experience in operations, maintenance, projects or engineering
- 10-15 years of experience in consulting, extractive industry or manufacturing; particularly in the areas of strategic planning, development and reporting
- Demonstrated experience with Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM's) &/or Shaft Boring Roadheaders (SBR's) - transferrable skills from other major underground infrastructure (transport) projects in Australia or overseas
- And/or a strong background in large diameter, mine ventilation shaft design & construction methods (conventional & emerging shaft sinking technologies).
- Operating or project experience in coal clearance (U/G conveyor belt systems), gas management and mine ventilation
- Strong understanding of risk assessment, classification & mitigation techniques
- Delivery responsibility for large projects or studies
- Financial analysis, valuation and business case assessment experience
- Effective project cost, time & scope tracking skills
What's on Offer
The successful candiate will be awarded with a generous salary and relocation assistance.