Principal Engineer (AWS - Microservices/API)
A great opportunity to work for one of Aus's fastest growing tech start ups
A great opportunity to work for a well publicised, very high profile business
About Our Client
One of Australia's fastest growing and high profile tech start up businesses based in Melbourne CBD.
This role is a customer facing role, working with some of the businesses' enterprise clients. The role will be predominantly focussed on:
- Providing technical leadership and direction for the engineering teams to improve and uplift skills and practice
- Lead and build the engineering and design outcomes in production, having full engineering accountability across architecture, design and quality control
- Act as a senior engineer to help solve complex problems and create solutions that meets the customer requirements.
- Being an advocate and championing cloud best practices and the automation of operations and services.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to meet the following criteria:
- Experience leading API and microservices development teams
- Experience with solution architecture for APIs and/or website/web app/native app platforms
- Experience with AWS platform deployment and CI/CD
- Experience with re-engineering legacy services, focussing on performance uplift, security and standardisation.
- APIGEE experience highly beneficial
- Enterprise architecture experience highly beneficial
- First rate communication stakeholder management skills
- Works comfortably in an Agile environment to uplift platforms in maturity
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, solution orientated
- Good urgency and ability to prioritise, with experience working in a project environment
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and ownership as well as instilling and upholding these qualities in a team.
What's on Offer
The roles provides a one of a kind opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join one of Australia's most high profile and fastest growing tech startups. The company offers a fantastic company culture, benefits and opportunity to grow with the business.